blankhomeblankaboutblank beachbodyblank

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Advocare Cleanse Days 1-3






First I just want to say that I am not an Advocare distributor (nor did I even purchase from one .. Amazon baby! :p). I don’t know everything about the products or the cleanse, but I’ve been asked what I’ve been eating thus far. I’m the type of person that doesn’t mind having repeat meals (the same thing for dinner two days in a row, etc).






Here is my grocery list. This of course will not last me the whole time and I will be making another trip in a couple days.
*chicken breast tenderloins

*lean ground turkey
*red peppers
*green peppers
*onion
*eggs
*egg whites
*spinach
*mixed greens lettuce
*sugar snap peas
*kiwi
*apple slices
*bananas
*frozen peaches
*frozen blueberries
*cucumbers
*old fashioned oats
*unsweetened almond milk
*Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning
*salsa
*Walden Farms no calorie Chipotle Ranch
*asparagus
*Jif-To-Go Natural Peanut Butter Cups
*brown rice
*low fat low sodium chicken broth
*Blue Diamond natural almonds
*various other frozen veggies … I like the Pictsweet steamables (makes it easier!)
*lots of various sized storage containers






Now Day 1 recommends that you only eat fruits & veggies .. I guess to jumpstart your system. I started on Sunday which was the day after the wine festival. I normally don’t eat a lot after drinking so I know I was under my calorie goal for the day (I am for 1200 a day). So you probably want to add some stuff to what I had :)

*Breakfast-fresh fruit mix
*AM snack-handful of almonds
*Lunch-Pictsweet mixed frozen vegetable blend and a kiwi
*PM snack- sugar snap peas
*Dinner- a 2 egg omlette with peppers & onions. Apple slices w/ a natural PB cup

After dinner on Sunday I decided to do some meal prepping for the week. I chopped up the peppers and onion and put them into some storage containers. I peeled and sliced a few cucumbers and divided them into containers (put vinegar in the one I would be eating the following day to soak for flavor), and baked chicken.

~CHICKEN: I poured chicken broth into the bottom of a pan .. just enough to cover the bottom so the chicken won’t get dry. Then I placed all the tenderloins from my pack into the dish and sprinkled generously with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning. Cooked at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes. I did take it out halfway through and turned them over so and sprinkled the backs with some more seasoning so that both sides would also get cooked in the broth.

~Blueberry Overnight Oats:
*1/2 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
*1 cup unsweetened almond milk
*dash of cinnamon
*drop of vanilla flavoring
*sprinkling of no calorie sweetener of choice (I used Splenda but I think it’s recommended to use something natural like Truvia)
*1/4 cup blueberries (mine were frozen so I defrosted in the microwave first)
Mix all together and place in fridge. Should soak for at least 10 hours. In the morning I also sliced up half a banana and mixed in. Leave it sitting at room temp for a little while to knock the chill out before eating. Just like cereal! (I just take mine with me to work and it’s good by the time I get there!)

I put some spinach & mixed greens into two containers and topped with 2 strips of chicken each for my lunch for the next 2 days. Put the rest of the chicken in a container to use for dinners.

Day 2
*Breakfast-Overnight Oats w/ blueberries & banana
*AM Snack- sliced cucumber with vinegar
*Lunch- Chicken salad with Chipotle Ranch dressing
*PM Snack- 8 apple slices with a JIF to go Natural PB cup
*Dinner- Lemon Pepper chicken with sauteed peppers & onions. (Just sprayed the pan with PAM and sauteed the peppers & onions [plus a couple jalapeno slices] and then added the chicken to warm it back up). Also had some Pictsweet Steamable Asparagus (approx half the bag & saved rest for tomorrow). After it steamed in the microwave I put some spray butter on it and sprinkled with spices. I also added a little Sriracha sauce. (I’m addicted).
*Bedtime snack- ¾ cup frozen peaches with splenda & cinnamon nuked in the microwave  [tastes like Peach Cobbler! yum]

I entered all of Day 2’s foods into MFP (along with my morning Advocare Fiber drink and Spark) and it came to around 1200 which is what I aim for - yay! *Note* 1200 is just my goal, you may need more. I hear 1400 is a common average.

Day 3
I ate the exact same thing as I did on Day 2 with the exception of adding peaches to my overnight oats.

I’m off work on Wednesdays so tomorrow I will cook something with the ground turkey to eat on for a couple days. I’m thinking maybe some turkey meatloaf muffins. Yum!

I’m not going to tell you the progress that I’ve made so far - gotta wait til after the 10 days! But I will say that I have stepped on the scale am very pleased thus far. I know it’s only been 3 days but I feel really good. My tummy is flatt Not craving bad junk foods. My mom even brought over a chocolate pie on Sunday and I didn’t eat a single crumb! I feel very satisfied between the meals and snacks. In the mornings I’ve been mixing the Fiber Drink (which is very gross and thick) with my Mango Strawberry Spark packet. It makes it much more bearable. I recommend chugging it as fast as you can while holding your nose and over the sink. All you have to do is get down 8 ounces. It’s gross but doable and totally worth it. I also have another Spark with my afternoon snack. I drink over 100 oz of water a day.

Day 1 they recommend not working out. Day 2 & 3 I did Jillian Michaels RI30 after dinner. Eek. She’s tough!



Don’t forget to click “Join This Site” over on the right hand side to subscribe & follow the blog so you can hear about the end results!!



2 comments:

  1. yum love how organised you are :) good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was that organized in every part of my life! The rest of my house is a wreck hehe :-p

    ReplyDelete