blankhomeblankaboutblank beachbodyblank

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wine Festival & Vomit (not mine) & starting the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse

Lots of cute things like this..


Yesterday was the Danville Wine Festival and I had a blast! I went their the first time in 2009 with a friend and there we made a vow to "always go together until we die!!" [yeah that was after tasting every vendor]. So Kathy and I went again this year and Lee (aka nerdy hubs) was nice enough to be our DD. He dropped me off and went to browse some sporting stores and then to the theater to watch a movie all by his lonesome before picking us back up four hours later.
Licking the Cheez Wiz off .. so classy!
One of my favorite wineries, Peaks of Otter, was there. They have lots of sweet fruit wines which are my fave. Then if you're "brave enough" you can Kiss the Devil and get a sticker. It's a very spicy wine that is supposed to be used for cooking only but they give it to you to take like a shot. And it BURNS. You get some Cheez Wiz on your hand to lick and keep it classy. My favorite wines from there were the Strawberry Shortcake and Sweetheart. Sadly, they were all sold out of the bottles to buy before I went back to get some :( Lesson learned - next time as you go and have them write your name on it and put it to the side for later pickup!











Another great vendor there was Horton's Vineyards. They also have a ton of fruity wines. The Niagara is their most popular and it was a good, light summer wine.  My favorite was a new wine they had for this year called Freedom (I don't see it on their website hmm). It was very tropical - apples, pears and mangos. Thankfully I was smart and bought a bottle right after trying it because I went back before leaving and was going to buy some more and they were sold out! Horton's also had a really good dessert wine called Blanco Xoxo (white wine with chocolate essence) and it seriously tasted like a Tootsie Roll. I wouldn't be able to drink much of it but it was very good. They said you can use it as a topping as well on fruits or ice cream. Yum!

Kathy & I 

We made some new friends!
 After the festival we went and picked up our kiddos and headed home. Luckily they were worn out from playing at Mimi's so wild man Collin fell asleep around 8 and wine makes me sleepy so I went to bed shortly after. Collin is going through a phase where he wakes up in the middle of the night to get in bed with mama. So around 12 he came and got in the bed with me. We snuggled for a bit and then I moved him over to his daddy's pillow. Thank goodness I did because not 10 minutes later he threw up everywhere! Ugh so gross. So after putting him in the bath and all my sheets in the washing machine, we stayed up most of the night watching cartoons until he would start gagging and then I held out a towel so he could puke in my hands. Yep. You read that right. So disgusting, right? He's not even two yet so I can't expect him to make it to the toliet so in order to save my carpet or try to direct it into a trash can, it was much easier to just lay beside him holding a towel and just wait. Never in my life would I think I would do that. Oh, the joys of being a mommy. What broke my heart was after throwing up one time and me wiping his mouth off he said "Thank You Mama". OMG how sweet is that?! Thankfully poor baby is feeling better today.

So after that eventful day, today is my first day doing the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse. Yes, I planned it strategically around the wine festival, can you blame me? I'm super excited about it after reading all the good reviews from my favorite bloggers. Mama Laughlin and SkinnyMeg did this back in March with great results, as well as several others. Supposedly you can lose up to 10lbs in the 10 days as well as inches. My goal is 6 lbs. I've also bought the Spark energy drink in Mango Strawberry. It's the end of the first day and so far I feel motivated! During the cleanse you have to eat clean. That means no processed foods & sugars, no dairy and no bread. I went to the store today and stocked up! I've spent most of the night prepping my meals for work lunches this week. Stay tuned for what I'm eating and my results!!
Never have I ever bought that much healthy food in one trip! No chocolate or chips! Eek!

Make sure to click "Join This Site" on the right side of the site to subscribe & follow my blog.


xox
Casi

No comments:

Post a Comment