blankhomeblankaboutblank beachbodyblank

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Favorite Things To Do in The Summer

Allieology


Today's linkup post is Favorite Things To Do in The Summer !!
I #bigpuffyheart love summer.

I love all the sunshine. The warm weather. The happiness it brings! I'm pretty sure everyone's seratonin level goes up during the summer months.



  • Getting tan. I love how the summer sun gives my skin a beautiful brown glow. I know tanning is bad for you, but everything looks better tan :p 
  • Hanging out with the kids at the pool. They love to spend hours splashing around, and I love laying in the chair working on my tan while reading my kindle. Obviously I don't get too much reading time in with the kids constantly yelling for my attention [& lately breaking up my 3 yr olds fights hahah]
  • Taking vacation days to spend time with the family
  • the BEACH!!! Who doesn't love the beach?! I don't know anyone. The ocean breeze, sunshine, palm trees, sand, pools, restaurants, shopping. Love it ALL.
  • Go to an outdoor concert. Even though it feels like a million degrees outside with all those sweaty bodies crowded around, it's a fun time! I'm actually going to a Def Leppard/Kiss concert on the 20th! Hahah I know, I know - but I love the 80s :) or really Def Leppard. I've seen them 4 times already :p


  • Sleep during a summer thunderstorm. I don't like a lot of rain. And I get cranky if rains multiple days in a row [or if it tries to ruin my beach trip!] But summer thunderstorms are the best :)
  • Go to the drive-in. I read somewhere that there are only like 350 drive in theaters left in the US and my little ole town has one of them! I always fall asleep during the 2nd movie because I'm a loser and can't stay up that late, but it is fun packing the car up with the kids, snacks, pillows & blankets and watching a movie. We actually haven't been this year yet. Need to go!

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to take the kids to the drive-in forever! We have one like 20-25 minutes away, but I'm pretty sure Norah wouldn't be a good drive-in watcher just yet! Maybe I should just take Jack! Ha!

    PS - so jealous of your lake vacation next week! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and take that dumb verification deal off your comments! Ha! It's annoying and I never get them right the first time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a drive in down here--I have looked like 10 times before to see if they have opened one up :) ...and summer thunderstorms down in FL are insane--like sunshine one second and then a monsoon the next!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id like to go to a drive in I bet my kids would love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to the beach is the best esp when it's summer.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/07/blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete