blankhomeblankaboutblank beachbodyblank

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Most Embarrassing Story

So today's linkup topic is Most Embarrassing Story.
Other than the fact that I had to spell check the word "embarrassing" because I kept leaving the 2nd "r" out... whoops :)
Allieology


I'm sure that this is not my most embarrassing story. But truthfully, my memory is getting crappier and nothing else pops into my head but this.
This one time at band camp I got the bright idea to join a gym and go to a spin class. This was a few years ago, before ever getting pregnant with my youngest. I was not a working out kinda gal, but some of my coworkers & friends had been getting in shape so I thought I better to.

I walk into the small spin class and grab a bike towards the back. I look around a see people larger than me and a couple elderly people so I think "Oh yeah, if they can do it.. I got this!"  - hah. jokes on me.

The class starts and the instructor was hardcore [okay, hardcore in my eyes] and she's all "UP! down! UP! DOWN! turn up the resistance!" and blah.blah.blah. *eyeroll* 

I feel like I'm dying. I cannot feel my legs. There is pain everywhere. Legs. Butt. Feet. I think I might throw up. But I keep on because if these old people are doing it then I better! Finally, class is over and I cannot get off of my bike. Seriously, I couldn't. I sat there for a couple minutes as everyone else gets off and cleans off their seat. I somehow end up melting & sliding off the seat and some old man comes over and makes some joke about it being my first time. Real funny old geezer.

Best part is, the spin room was on the 2nd floor. No elevator obviously so I had to walk down a flight of stairs, with my jello bowed out legs, and holding onto the rail with both hands to insure I didn't fall. And yes, on the way out the door I passed an ex-boyfriend working out. Of course. 
I went to the car and cried a bit before managing to drive myself home. And then I stayed in bed all weekend recuperating. Needless to say I cancelled my gym membership and never went back. NOT FOR ME!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//*okay so since I brought up working out in the post, I thought I would share that I recently became a Beachbody Coach! I am currently doing the new PiYo workout dvds and drinking the Shakeology and I am LOVINGGGG it. PiYo is a Pilates/Yoga Fusion and it's low impact - meaning no jumping around or running in place! The stretching feels so good but it's using your own body weight to tone your body! Pretty neat. I will probably blog about it at a later date but for now shoot me an email if you have any questions, I would love to help you out :) casi_rdms@yahoo.com

7 comments:

  1. I was like that in my boxing class I couldnt be shown up by old people...I could barely move the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Working out and having people (elderly or smug youngens) "show you up" is the absolute worst!! Wouldn't it be great if we could be healthy and tone from watching Netflix while eating chocolate and drinking wine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the exact reason I work out at home with my Jillian Michaels DVD's. Well that and the fact that I don't want to get hit on everyday by douchey guys haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that would so be me if I took a spin class!!!

    Brianna
    keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, spin class is so intense! I can relate to the bowed leg feeling... (its even worse when your..um.. between your legs **cough** goes numb). Glad you got out quick! lol :)

    ReplyDelete